“Mom, Listen, I haven’t been together with Topanga for twenty-two years, but we *have* been together for sixteen. ‘Kay, that’s a lot longer than most couples have been together. I mean, when we were born, you told me that we used to take walks in our strollers together in the park. When we were two, we were best friends, I mean, I, I knew everything about this girl. I knew her favorite color. I knew her favorite food. Then we became six, you know, and Eric made fun of me because it wasn’t cool to have a best friend that was a girl or even know a girl, so for the next seven years I threw dirt at her. I like to call those “the lost years”. Then when I was thirteen, Mom, she put me up against my locker and she kissed me. I mean, she gave me my first kiss. She taught me how to dance. She was always talking about these crazy things and I never understood a word she said. All I understood was that she was the girl I sat up every night thinking about, and when I’m with her I feel happy to be alive. Like I can do anything. Even talk to you like this. So that’s, that’s what I feel is love, Mom… When I’m better because she’s here.”—
40% of the pleasure derived from reading is smelling that good book smell. You know the smell. Whether the book is new or old, it just smells like literature. And turning pages and choosing books or buying certain editions just because the cover is pretty. Come on people, don’t make books obsolete, because if you do, I will have to smash computer servers all over the globe. And reading on an electronic item is just…distracting.
THANK YOU! I had this exact argument with my brother the other night.
“Beckett: What is it with men and boobs, anyway?
Castle: Biological. We can’t help it.
Beckett: But doesn’t it bother you that they’re so obviously not real?
Castle: Santa’s not real. We still love opening his presents.”—
* You never use an umbrella because the rain will be over in five minutes. YEP. And besides, usually the rainpour is so hard, it goes sideways and umbrellas do nothing.
* You think a six-foot alligator is actually pretty average Used to see a lot more when I lived down in Miami, but yeah. 6-foot’s a small gator. LOL
* Every other house in your neighborhood had blue roofs in 2004-2005 Oh yes.
* “Down South” means Key West Yup. Jimmy Buffet land! Still never been there though. I need to go one day.
* You know that anything under a Category 3 just isn’t worth waking up for. LMAO. So true.
* You know the four seasons really are: Hurricane season, love bug season, tourist season and summer. LMAO! OMG. Yes. And I hate it. I miss having REAL seasons.
* Your winter coat is made of denim. Actually, NO to this one. Only because I’m stubborn and I want to dress-up in winter clothes, so I insist on wearing an alpaca wool peacoat, and usually end up overheating. LOL
* You can tell the difference between fire ant bites and mosquito bites. Oh my gosh, yes. LOL Fire ant bites are 2000x worse. :/
* Anything under 70 degrees is chilly. Yes. And wonderful. *sigh*
* You’ve driven through Yeehaw Junction. Nope, but I know exactly where it is. lol
* You know that no other grocery store can compare to Publix. LOL. Hadn’t even heard of it until we first moved down here, and now I shop nowhere else. lol
* You recognize Miami-Dade as ’ Northern Cuba ‘ Or “Little Cuba” but yes. Same concept. And very true.
* You dread love bug season. Used to love it as a kid, and now it’s just like “Don’t wash your car until the season is over b/c it’ll only get bug-splatted again” season. LOL
* You’ve worn shorts and used the A/C on Christmas and New Years. YES. OMG. And let me tell you, it suuuucks. You feel like you’re being robbed of a true holiday experience. At least I do.
* You are on a first name basis with the Hurricane list. They aren’t Hurricane Charley or Hurricane Frances. You know them as Andrew, Charley , Frances , Ivan, Jeanne & Wilma…Irene…Cheryl…Rita Mary… Alison LOL Yup. Also very true. And everyone knows exactly who/what you’re talking about.
* You know what a snowbird is and when they’ll leave. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. And gimmie my non-crowded theme parks back. :P
* Flip-flops are everyday wear. Shoes are for business meetings and church, but you HAVE worn flip flops to church before. Yes. Though if I could go everywhere barefoot, I swear I would.
* You have a drawer full of bathing suits, and one sweatshirt. Actually no. I’ve got two bathing suits. One one-piece, and one two-piece, and actually have a drawer FULL of sweatshirts. Like said, I LOVE winter clothes. That doesn’t mean I actually get to USE them. :P
* You get annoyed at the tourists who feed seagulls. LOL. Not so much as amused because they usually end up screaming and yelling when they won’t leave them alone after the food is gone.
* A mountain is any hill 100 feet above sea level. A mountain? What’s that?
* You’ve hosted a hurricane party. Haha, yup! SO MUCH FUN.
* You can pronounce Okeechobee, Kissimmee , Withlacoochee , Thonotosassa and Micanopy. Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.
* You understand why it’s better to have a friend with a boat, than have a boat yourself. NGL, It’s quite an experience to see people rowing down the street.
* You were 25 when you first met someone who couldn’t swim. Actually, no. My best friend’s dad growing up couldn’t swim. But otherwise, it’s a pretty regular practice to toss your 6-month old into a pool to start ‘em early. LOL I was doing backflips off our diving board within a month after moving to Florida as a kid. lol
* A good parking place has nothing to do with distance from the store, but everything to do with shade. LOL. YES. But once the temperature hits a certain limit, it pretty much doesn’t matter anyway. Hot is HOT. Those visor thingies do nothing. And you gotta stand outside the car for a few minutes waiting for it to air out, otherwise have your eyebrows singed off from the heat that hits you in the face. LOL
* You not only forward this but you understand it Go on Floridians!
I WISH I COULD MAKE VIDEOS, UGH. ALL MY SKILLS ARE IN GIFS.
THERE’S A DOCTOR WHO/ASHES TO ASHES ONE, ALTHOUGH IT’S MOSTLY ASHES TO ASHES.
OH MAN. I’m so tempted to do this! The only thing is I haven’t watched Doctor Who in a shamefully long time, and I would need a rewatch to refresh my memory on the best clips and all. Hmm. *Adds to list of shows to rewatch ASAP*
“Hey I just started watching reruns of Farscape and I’ve been going crazy trying to find exactly what episode John and Aeryn first got together. So if anybody please help me…”—LMAO! I just saw this post on a message board and I was like. "Mmm. I’m sorry. I’m not sure I understand the question." LOL Some other responses. "Welcome to the rollercoaster of Farscape madness!" — "Guess it depends on your specifications for ‘get together’." — "Which time?" LMAO!!!